Steand & Andy Kulter: It’s okay (EP) – Purified Records – 2021
Genre: Electronica, Deep House
Already with the debut “By My Side” for Nora En Pure’s Purified Records, which was released at the end of November 2020, the German-Czech creative duo Steand & Andy Kulter could impress the audience all along the line.
The EP “It’s Okay”
The successful Kaiserlautern-Prague-Connection now follows up and presents the 4-Track-EP “It’s Okay” with the two tracks “It’s Okay” and “Capri”, each as original and extended mix, again on Purified Records.
The pulsatingly pumping title track “It’s Okay” is a true banger and builds tension skillfully over its entire 7-minute running time, especially in the extended mix. A low-lying, walloping bass line drives the track forward again and again and is reinforced by erratic, short synth attacks in the mid-frequency range, while sporadic electronic strings are leading back to the typical catchy Purified feel-good zone.
In best Purified manner, the track “Capri” takes us on an easygoing rhythmic short trip to the enchanting vacation island of Capri and awakens – so mean – a deep longing for holidays in the sun, at the beach and under the blue sky.
The repetitive tempo changes from the danceable, straightforwardly arranged passages to quieter acoustic segments evoke associations with the famous wide-ranging views from the heights of the island over the wide, tranquil sea.
This impressive 4-track EP is absolutely brilliant, the track “Capri” awakens the longing for a wonderful island vacation, which then perhaps culminates in an open-air event on the beach with Nora En Pure, Banaati and of course Steand & Andy Kulter.
That would be the ultimate event of the year – huh? Is it?
This 4-track EP is unfortunately only available in 16 bit /44.1 kHz. Nevertheless, the part sounds quite good with rich bass and natural midrange, only the treble range comes across a bit too sharp – almost typical for Purified Records.
Facts about Steand & Andy Kulter – It’s Okay EP:
Artist: Steand & Andy Kulter
Album: t’s Okay EP
Label: Purified Records
Release Date: 19 February 2021
Electronic – 4 Tracks – 20m 39s
Where to buy
16-Bit CD Quality
44.1 kHz – Stereo
- 2 x System Audio SA mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (rear)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro with Plex, Kodi, Tidal (streaming client)
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp)
- Yamaha MX-A5000 (Power Amp)
- Speaker: 2 x KEF LS-50 Wireless II Active
- DAC: Cambridge DAC Magic Plus
- Headphone amplifier / preamplifier: Auralic Taurus
- In-ear headphones: Shure SE846 with ALO MMCX Audio Reference 8 cable
- OverEar headphones: Audeze EL-8
- Headphones OverEar: BeyerDymamic DT 880 S (Studio)