Also available in ...: Deutsch (German)
Sine: Caught in Time – Thomas Lemmer Remix (2021) – SINE MUSIC
Genre: Ambient, Downtempo, Deep House
Sine aka Thomas Hauser, label boss at Sine Music in Villingen-Schwennigen in the beautiful Black Forest, will release the track “Caught in Time” with the Thomas Lemmer remix on Friday, 04/23/2021.
Already the original mix, released on November 06, 2020 by the Label SINE MUSIC, is a beautifully arranged Balearic / Downtempo track in the very best Sine “Tiefrot” and “Tiefblau” tradition, two albums that belong in every well-stocked ambient and downtempo archive, whereby “Tiefrot” comes across rather hot/feverish/fiery and “Tiefblau” is clearly cooler, maritime and colder.
Thomas Lemmer, the synth guru from Osnabrück, has tackled this track and has given it a new look.
Thomas has completely renovated the “Caught in Time” building, added a stomping, slightly pulsating, reverberating basic beat and thus made the track somewhat earthy. The recurring pearly piano sequences are very nice as well, which are joined by electronic hi-hats and carefully measured percussion. This pulsating basic rhythm stands for the inexorably progressing time, and Thomas Lemmer’s remix illustrates this quite cleverly and emblematically.
Occasionally a few estranged vocal sequences and a few electric guitars are wafting through the electronic soundscape.
And then from the 2.20 minute on we also have overlaid pulsating strings, which represent another metaphorical symbol for the time that slips slickly through our hands and cannot be grasped and stopped.
With his remix of “Caught in Time” Thomas Lemmer has once again proven his meticulous work, the immense effort and the filigree detail work he approaches his musical projects with. The result is a very nice modern, slightly trancey deep house mix that is completely free of all the dull sampled house effects of well-known genre greats.
The cover design is also exceedingly tasteful and skillfully portrays the reference to the theme.
The sound quality in 24 bit 44.1 kHz is excellent and scores with dry, deep bass, cleanly resolved details and a clear, never too sharp treble range.
Facts about Sine – Caught in Time (Thomas Lemmer Remix):
Title: Caught in Time (Thomas Lemmer Remix)
Release Date: 23.04.2021
Label: Sine Music SM0183
Genre: Electronic, Ambient, Downtempo, Deep House
Available at Qobuz in Hi-Res
24-Bit / 44.1 kHz – Stereo
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (audio streaming client with max. 32 bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro with Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz for Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX-A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):