Holly North: Chosen Sides – 5-Track-EP – Stil vor Talent – 2021
Genre: Minimal/TechHouse, Melodic House, Electronica
About this EP:
Holly North releases his first 5-track EP on Oliver Koletzki’s Stil-vor-Talent label (SVT). With a classical music background, this ambitious Berlin talent is creating hyper-modern club sounds that reflect his constant search for extremely catchy melodies and grippy melodic house highlights.
“Longing”, a typical example of spacey melancholy, starts like a heavy dragging but powerful deep house caterpillar, pulling us powerfully onto the dance floor.With its extended electronic glissandi and cascades, the track pulls us into a vortex of shimmering elegance. “Bridges & Walls” once again offers dynamic waves of keyboard shimmer and multi-layered machine talk, with dragged-out electronic modulations and dubby bleeps that are infiltrating with unbridled ease from the depths into the sparkling synth sound carpets layered above, grabbing space there.With its extended electronic glissandi and cascades, the track pulls us into a vortex of shimmering elegance. “Bridges & Walls” once again offers dynamic waves of keyboard shimmer and multi-layered machine talk, with dragged-out electronic modulations and dubby bleeps that emerge with unbridled ease from the depths into the sparkling spacey synth carpets layered above.
“Off-Piste” is a true hammer track that offers us idyllic late summer electronic vibes with a deep dream-pop style structure, intriguing swing and relaxed pads. Nora En Pure hätte das nicht besser hinbekommen.
In My Head”, on the other hand, scales up downbeat motifs into a synthie cinemascope widescreen format and fuses extremely successfully fragile keyboard lines, alienated handpan motifs with the violence of a dark bass thunderstorm – perfect if the listener needs a little more groove at the end of this EP, but without jeopardizing the smart, frictionless basic mood.
The Bottom Line:
With Chosen Sides Holly North has delivered a first-class EP, which comes up with perfectly tempered melody lines and doesn’t even let arise even a hint of long-windedness. The EP comes in 16 bits / 44.1 kHz format and delights with a good sound quality over the entire sound spectrum. All in all, this debut EP on the Stil vor Talent label is extremely well done and provides a lot of fun.
2. Bridges and Walls
4. In My Head
5. Bridges and Walls (Short Edit)
Artist: Holly North
Label: Stil vor Talent
Cat. Nr.: SVT304
Release Date: 2021-10-08
Genre: Minimal/TechHouse, Melodic House. Electronica
5 Tracks • 28m 34s
Available on qobuzin CD Quality
16-Bit ● 44.1 kHz – Stereo
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (audio streaming client with max. 32 bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro with Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz for Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX-A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):