Also available in ...: Deutsch (German)
Erik Heirman feat. Kieran Fowkes: Take Me Home – 2021 – Single – SINE MUSIC
Genre: Deep Floor House, Electronica
About Erik Heirman and the new single “Take Me Home”.
This Friday, August 06, 2021, Erik Heirman has released the new single “Take Me Home” along with Kieran Fokes. And I must admit that I am very surprised about this release by Erik Heirman and SINE MUSIC, because both Erik and SINE MUSIC are exploring new paths with this release.
Finally, what Erik Heirman does today has not too much to do with his musical past. In 2015, Erik’s latest album titled “Evolve” was released under the pseudoym Setsuna. With the great wide-screen electronica of past days – to say it again – the new single and thus also the new style of Erik has nothing in common.
However, life, including musical life, also means change, and since 2015 a hell of a lot of water has been flowing down the Rhine for Erik as well. Erik moved from Germany to Switzerland and focused deeply on his family life..
He has also drastically reduced his electronic equipment: of the 20 synthesizers he used to have in the past, just 5 remained. Erik laid the foundation for his new sound with his liking for TechHouse and DeepHouse (I don’t like the term Techno) and winkingly calls it “deep sounds for the floor”, which I translated as Deep Floor House.
With UK singer Kieran Fowkes, who took over the vocals, Erik could win a real crooner, who gives the track a fascinatingly impressive flair with his slightly smoky voice, which reminds a bit of Adam Duritz from the “Counting Crows”.
The Bottom Line
Especially the 6:11 min long original mix of “Take Me Home” is very pleasing. The track has a relatively straightforward structure. The driving electronic bassline forms the solid foundation for discreet percussion samples and gloomy synthi sound clouds, where Kieran Fowkes’ sonorous vocals can soothingly spread out.
We can already be very excited about Erik Heirman’s 4-track EP, which will be released in September.
The two tracks are available in hi-res 24 bits / 44.1 kHz and are quite appealing across the entire frequency spectrum.
Facts about Erik Heirman – Take Me Home feat. Kieran Fowkes
Artist: Erik Heirman feat. Kieran Fowkes
Title: Take Me Home – 2-Track Single
Release Date: 06. August 2021
Label: SINE MUSIC
Genre: Deep House, TechHouse
Available at Qobuzin Hi-Res
24-Bit / 44.1 kHz – Stereo
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (audio streaming client with max. 32 bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro with Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz for Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX-A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):