Also available in ...: Deutsch (German)
Blockoland was opening act with his DJ set at 2020’s SpringFestival Graz, which had to be postponed from spring to late autumn (24 and 26 October 2020) due to the Covid-19 pandemic and was streamed on 11.12. 2020 (Kanonenbastei, Graz with Deborah De Luca among others) and on 18.12.2020 (Dachstein Gletscher, Styria, Austria) as a video event.
For the 18.12.2020 there was the following line-up: Blockoland, Melodic Soul (both from Graz), Mollono.Bass (Wustrow, Germany), Recondite (Berlin) and Acid Pauli (Germany).
Anyway, Blockoland (aka Blocoroco333 on Instagram) did a great DJ set with his opening act and was in no way less awesome than Recondite and Acid Pauli as the supposed heroes of this evening. Blockoland is always able to convince all along the line with his mixture of melodic tech house and some discreet deep house accents. The entire set comes along as if from one cast, perfectly mixed without breaks and other failures – danceable at any time without even the slightest hint of dullness.
Furthermore, the track selection is more than convincing: Opener is in a pleasantly surprising way Not Enough by Hyenah feat. Lazarusman,which was released as a video at the end of June 2020 on Watergate Records as part of the worldwide Black Lives Matter campaign, and was more than a respectable success.
If Blockoland then also comes up with such a exquisite track selection as “Blind” in the Rampa Remix by RYX and his band Howling or the granade “I Don’t Know” (Adana Twins Remix) by WhoMadeWho, he has already reached the full score by the middle of the set. Last track by the way is “Lima” by Blockoland himself, which comes in a beautiful mystic touch with bell clear fine piano sequences on a dubby, driving bass carpet.
By the way, Lima also made it onto the double 12inch vinyl sampler“The Sound of Graz“, which you can order at deejay.de under the following link:
With the purchase you even do something good, because the proceeds go to the Styrian Children’s Cancer Aid.
My test-equiment at Blockoland – SpringFestival Graz – Dachstein Glacier:
- 2 x System Audio SA mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (rear)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro with Plex, Kodi, Tidal (streaming client)
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp)
- Yamaha MX-A5000 (Power Amp)
- Speaker: 2 x KEF LS-50 Wireless II Active
- DAC: Cambridge DAC Magic Plus
- Headphone amplifier / preamplifier: Auralic Taurus
- In-ear headphones: Shure SE846 with ALO MMCX Audio Reference 8 cable
- OverEar headphones: Audeze EL-8
- Headphones OverEar: BeyerDymamic DT 880 S (Studio)