Courtney Barnett – Live on KEXP – Full Performance incl. Interview – 14.01.2022
Genre: Alternative, Indie
I admit: I have literally waited for KEXP to release a new set of Courtney Barnett with the songs from the new album „Things Take Time, Take Time“, especially since Courtney has grown to one of the regular guests at KEXP in recent years. And so the joy was naturally huge when this gig was released on 14.01.2022.
This live gig in the studios of KEXP was recorded a month ago on 12/14/2021. I was even more delighted when I saw that Stella Mozgawa (drums) and the fantastic Bones Sloane on bass were part of the party. Especially Courtney’s longtime friend Stella inspires with fantastic harmonious drum lines and has significantly influenced the new album „Things Take Time, Take Time“ and produced it together with Courtney.
Courtney Barnett’s guitar work is excellent and gives the tracks of the album as well as this live gig a very special flair. The track selection is extremely well-done and offers a good introduction to the new album „ThingsTake Time, Take Time“ and makes you hungry for more of this exceptional album.
The new album, you can find the review here, no longer shows the noisiness, the basic anger of previous albums and comes along much more relaxed and with breathtakingly good vocal lines and incredibly good lyrics.
This is another fascinatingly good live gig by KEXP, which has been perfectly realized in audiovisual terms. My thanks also go to Cheryl Waters of KEXP for her excellent interview with Courtney Barnett.
Facts about the Video:
Artist: Courtney Barnett
Title: Live on KEXP (Full Performance)
Plattform: KEXP, Seattle, USA via YouTube
Recording Date: 14.12.2021
Host: Cheryl Waters
Audio Engineer: Kevin Suggs
Guest Engineer: Jason Tarulli
Mastering Engineer: Matt Ogaz
Cameras: Jim Beckmann, Carlos Cruz, Alaia D’Alessandro & Scott Holpainen
Editor: Jim Beckmann
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):